Plan Your OccasionEvents
With its small-town, historic charm and variety of venues, Belmont, N.C., offers an ideal location for your next event. From romantic weddings to school or family reunions and even corporate meetings, our city provides an array of opportunities to fit – and excel beyond – your needs and desires.
Spaces such as Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden — a world class garden — to converted textile mills and historic buildings are available from small to large as well as casual to luxurious, also serving multiple budgets and itineraries. Excellent caterers and restaurants provide delicious options to satisfy every appetite at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Overnight accommodations at Belmont’s premier Hampton Inn by Hilton come highly recommended in addition to smaller, niche boutique inns throughout Belmont. And the downtown district, with its brick-lined sidewalks and notable history, offers you and attendees options for shopping and restaurants to round out any planned occasion.
Southern charm blossoms here and you’ll discover it within your Belmont event. We look forward to hosting you soon!
Interested in planning a wedding full of southern charm and sweet nostalgia? Everything you need is in one charming place — BelmontBrides.com! Click for more details and create your wedding in beautiful Belmont, N.C.
Trying to find an ideal location for that dream wedding? Searching for a safe, welcoming spot for your next family reunion? Belmont, N.C. is the perfect mix of fun and family-friendly activities, beautiful venues and southern charm. No matter your celebration, our city has the right blend to create memorable occasions. Here’s how you can spend your event with us:
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden: This 380-acre garden is a popular area venue for weddings and celebrations of all kinds, and there’s a good reason why – not only is it one of the most lovely spots in all of North Carolina, but The Garden also has both indoor and outdoor venues (such as the Wren Room or the Orchid Conservatory) that are the perfect fit for a variety of event needs. From corporate lunches to formal dinner and dancing or casual spring weddings, it’s a Garden for all seasons and events.
- 10 Catawba: This building was newly renovated in 2014 and has ample space for both small and large occasions. It’s the perfect place for that special afternoon or evening celebration, all just one-half block from Belmont’s historic downtown.
- Stowe Manor: This classic, beautiful southern mansion built in 1924 plays host to many events, and it’s just a ten-minute walk from historic downtown Belmont. In addition to spacious rooms that can accommodate family, corporate or wedding events, it also features Wisteria Inn, a five-bedroom inn that’s perfect for a small group looking to get away.
- Majestic Mill Weddings: The 67,000 square-foot historic building at Catawba River Antique Mall isn’t just for shopping; it is also home to Belmont’s newest wedding venue, Majestic Mill Weddings. This 5,000+ square-foot space is filled with the same rustic, industrial charm as the 109-year-old antique mall, ready for shabby chic, vintage-inspired nuptials.
- The Hampton Inn by Hilton Charlotte/Belmont@Montcross: The premier place to stay in Belmont. Not only can the Hampton accommodate both small groups and large, but they also have a host of meeting and gathering rooms that are great locales for casual get-togethers.
- The String Bean: Fresh seafood delivered daily, exquisite cheeses, beef straight from the restaurant butcher shoppe – this caterer tailors a menu to your needs straight from the downtown Belmont Main Street eatery.?
- Cherubs Café: From bountiful buffets to boxed picnic lunches, turn toward Cherubs Café for catering needs and support this Holy Angels vocational opportunity at the same time.
- H&M Catering: Customizing their services for your event and palette, this Gaston County caterer touts fresh, seasonal ingredients to reflect your vision, taste and personality.
- And many more!
Things to Do With Your Guests
- Enjoy Stowe Park, a popular location for festivals, and take a walk on one of the park’s trails.
- Head to the U.S. National Whitewater Center for an adventurous day of rafting, ropes courses, ziplining, paddleboarding, hiking, canoeing and more.
- Tackle Seven Oaks Preserve Trail, part of the Carolina Thread Trail.
- Swing by Piccolo Antique Mall, Belmont General Store and other downtown stores for some shopping.
- Learn about rum-making and sample flavors from North Carolina’s first rum distillery, Muddy River Distillery. Or try local Rivermen Brewing for a pint of local craft beer.
- Stop at Abbey Basilica of Mary Help of Christians, one of just 64 basilicas in the U.S. recognized by the Vatican.
Belmont General Store
6 N. Main Street
Belmont, NC 28012